Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last Thursday!

Tonight is the Alberta Arts District Last Thursday along Alberta St.

I, with my wife, will of course be setting up my booth out there. Swing on by and check it out, if you're in town!

So, recently I held a Pirate Trivia contest in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day last Friday and gave away 2 pieces of original art. So, I figured that I'd post those here today.

First up, here's what the first winner asked for:
"Tell me if this Commission'll fly. Since I'm a huge Tusken Raider fan, how 'bout a Pirate Flag(Skull and Crossbones), but with a Tusken Head with Gaffi Sticks crossed behind it?"

So, this is what I gave him:
















The other guy asked for something a little more complicated:
"
I can't believe I won! I think that's what I'm suppose to say. I was going to google for the name of the extra toe cat but figured if I did I'd get beat to the punch!

Pirate themed... I don't want to have to do a ton of work on my account, but I sure do appreciate you donig this. How about Red Skull, of course, and he's sorta piraty - with the traditional captains pirate hat and all that happiness with a black cat in there somehow. A Polydactyl would probably be too hard to show easy.

I trust ya, ye scurvy dog!!!"

So I gave him this:
































Anyway, LAST THURSDAY. TONIGHT. BE THERE, or BE SQUARE (oh yeah, I went there!)

No comments: