Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent. - Barack Obama

So, the debates.
You know, not often am I going to tie my work in with politics, but after watching the debate Last Friday, I got to thinking, "You know what would make this more fun? BINGO!" So, I decided to design a bingo card for bored debate-watchers to make it more interesting. So, this is what it looks like:

Download it here: http://www.monkeyminionpress.com/electionbingo2008.pdf

Now, I'm assuming that anyone who downloads this will know how to play bingo, so fill in your own cards, but make sure that they are different so that you can have a winner. If you need a starter on words to use to fill in the cards, here's a list my wife and I compiled.
  • Reagan
  • Terrorism
  • Terrorist
  • Veteran
  • POW
  • Maverick
  • Palin
  • Biden
  • Liberal
  • Conservative
  • Doesn't Understand
  • Oil
  • Thanks, but no thanks
  • Safety
  • Economy
  • Golden Parachutes
  • Roe V. Wade
  • The Bush Administration
  • Foreign Leaders (you can use this one as is, or whenever a candidate mentions meeting a specific one)
  • Russia
  • foreign policy
  • Catholic
  • bridge to nowhere
  • Alaska
  • Delaware
  • Illinois
  • Arizona
  • Houses
  • Earmarks
  • middle class
  • wealthy
  • tax cuts
  • taxes
  • war
  • Gen. Patreus
  • Rove
  • History
  • spending
  • experience
  • voting record
  • lobbyists
  • • Newspaper
    • Tina Fey
  • CHANGE
  • Nixon
  • 911 (or September 11)
  • bipartisan
  • nonpartisan
  • pork barrel
  • bailout
  • upperclass
  • Iraq
  • Afganistan
  • Iran
  • Georgia
  • greedy,
  • Wall Street
  • my friends
  • mainstreet
If you think of some that I missed, please let me know, because I'll be playing this Thursday during the VP debate. Play by any house rules that you like (BINGO or Blackout), you could take a shot every time you get a word on the board, etc.

Good luck and play fair!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really funny. Great idea!

Gary S said...

• Newspaper
• Tina Fey

;)

Anonymous said...

LOL. Great idea--makes me wish I were at home watching rather than at work typing.

Except that I really wouldn't be watching anyhow. I'd probably be reading. You know me.

Mari